Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2018

St. Patrick's blessing



Did you know that this blessing, which you may be familiar with, is attributed to St. Patrick?

Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down,
Christ when I sit down,
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in the eye that sees me,
Christ in the ear that hears me.
--St. Patrick

3 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful post and yes, so inspirational. I lived in Ireland for a short while back in the early 200's.

    Enjoy your Sunday.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celtic prayer is so simple, yet so deeply moving, isn't it? Lucky you, to have lived in Ireland. Have a great day, Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Great words, for sure. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...