Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2018

I Welcome the Created Light of this New Day (Celtic Poem)


I welcome the created light of this new day,
So that I may enter more fully
Into the uncreated light of eternity;
I welcome the wind
That blows away all that is not rooted, 
So that I may enter unencumbered,
Into the Source of all;
I welcome the dark storm clouds, 
So that I may never make light
Of the mysterious Presence; 
I welcome the cold,
so that I may always search
for the warming fire of God's love.

Poem taken from 40 Prayers from Celtic Christianity. 


2 comments:

  1. This is a very hopeful and encouraging meditation.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Arlee. Of all the different types of prayer, I find Celtic prayer to be especially meaningful.

      Delete

Your comments mean a lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...