Home or Castle Defender
Corresponds to Enneagram Style 5, Self-Preservation Subtype
Twelve Things about You
1. You retreat from the world and feel safest at home, but if you cannot be at home, you also use your own mind as a sanctuary to keep others out, or guard their access
2. You need strong boundaries, and to have control over the boundaries.
3. You love privacy and hoard space and time more than money
4. You assure your survival by preserving your time and energy and needing little, but also by hoarding a storehouse of subsistence items, including knowledge and books
5. Intensely sensitive, you sense what others want from you and feel obligated to respond, thus your energy gets drained by other people’s expectations of you
6. You isolate yourself and are stingy with your time and energy because you are afraid of being overwhelmed by your emotions.
7. When you have control of your emotions, you feel secure, superior and safe.
8. You have strong feelings, but you never show them in public. Instead, you isolate yourself in order to let them emerge into awareness in private
9. It’s only when you’re alone, you believe, that you can trust your feelings not to get you into trouble
10. Of the three Enneagram Style 5 subtypes, you are the least expressive, and particularly when it comes to expressing anger
11. With your thin body, love of solitude and emotional distance, you can have a ghost-like quality, and you prefer to stay at home and haunt your own castle
12. At your worst, you are so withdrawn that you are a lonely hermit