Corresponds to Enneagram Style 6, Social Subtype
Twelve Things about You
1. A fearful type, you are hyper-vigilant to know the rules of your groups. Your overriding concern is to be clear about your role in the group
2. You fear being rejected, and so you believe that if you know the rules, and do your duty, that will bond you to a group of people who share a common cause
3. You align with people you trust thru mutual obligations and sacrifice: United we stand, divided we fall.
4. Because you have a skeptical bent, you find underdog causes appealing. You align with the needy, oppressed, persecuted, and the call to duty to this cause mobilizes you.
5. At your worst, you give away your own authority and power.
6. Your group may be family, church, school or tradition, and you want to make sure you’re getting the authentic tradition, before breaking a rule. You might do it, but you make sure you know the rules before doing so.
7. You might work for the same firm for your entire career, and you might not even like your job, but you’ll stay rather than leave because it’s not right to leave and it’s not safe
8. You over-identify with the group and shun or persecute others who don’t share your group’s ideals; this personality style is highly attracted to religious fundamentalism
9. Because you feel all attention is bad, and you don’t want to be a target for criticism, you prefer not to be a leader
10. If you believe in your cause, a cause that hooks your idealism, you can work tirelessly, selflessly, and forever on it
11. You are simultaneously idealistic and skeptical
12. You have an attention style that looks for danger, conspiracy, inconsistency. If those in authority are doing anything wrong on any level, you will catch them at it