Espionage (or Secret Agent)
Corresponds to Enneagram Style 5, Intimate Subtype
Twelve Things about You
1. You bond to your partner by sharing secrets and sex
2. Sharing information and secrets, rather than your deepest feelings, replaces true sexual intimacy for you
3. Because even this amount of self-revelation feels frightening, you are extremely careful about who you share it with, and even then, you preserve a certain amount of your own autonomy
4. You feel you have enough emotional juice for only one person, upon whom you focus your attention, time and affection.
5. You fear being overwhelmed by the demands of others, are acutely aware of your emotional poverty, feeling unable to meet the expectations and desires of others
6. You want to be loved, but fear inadequacy of emotional response.
7. If confident, you are a wonderful partner because you focus all your attention on your significant other instead of wasting scarce resources on impulse or adventure
8. You feel that your relationship with your partner is sacred
9. You might treasure your experiences more in your memory than in reality
10. Your encounters with your partner are often intensely physical
11. You will treasure for a lifetime the key disclosures made with your partner
12. Your shared confidences temper the loneliness that comes from isolating yourself from your feelings while maintaining your autonomy and power.