1. Envy and longing drive you to compete for a special position, partner or mentor, and especially if it’s someone or something you can’t have
2. Competition is an invigorating energy which you use to overcome feelings of inner deficiency or defectiveness
3. You compete for what’s noteworthy, exquisite and elegant, and you believe that if someone else wins, you lose
4. By establishing your excellence, your own sense of esteem rises and falls in comparison with others
5. Other people’s power is taken as a personal challenge and creates a strong reaction in you as your own value tends to rise and fall in comparison with others
6. You are competitive about your emotional status with your partner—you want not only to be the one he loves most, but his first, last and only love
7. You believe love is by far the most important thing in your life, and that you will be happy only when you find the perfect love
8. Someone loved you unconditionally before they discovered you were defective and then rejected you
9. You compare your state in life with others and suffer by comparison
10. You are prone to jealousy with a mate, but also with everyone you see as your equal
11. On a professional level, you envy people and want to gain respect from your professional peers who know quality when they see it. If you’re a writer, you’re not just a writer, but a writer’s writer.
12. You make every effort to be recognized by the best people, the acknowledged experts, and when you get the coveted prestige you desire, victory is sweet.