Pages

Wednesday, May 02, 2018

IWSG: Does spring inspire writing?

It's that time of the month again, so, "Welcome!"

I've been M.I.A. on my blog and all social media for the past month. I decided that if I am ever going to finish my revision, I needed to give up a few things. I can't give up helping my husband and son to move farm machinery. I can't give up my babysitting duties of my two-year-old grandson. Something had to give, so it was blogging, and reading and reviewing books for my blog. 

But I didn't want to miss IWSG, so I am back, if only for today. This month's question: It's spring. Does this season inspire me to write more than during other seasons, or not?

I am a gardener. I do end up (joyfully) spending time outdoors on my garden. I also take my grandson outdoors for an hour several days each week, weather permitting. 

Spring inspires me to do this, but not to do more, or less, writing than during any other season. The season where my writing takes the biggest hit is during is the holiday season.




The garden doesn't look like much right now; it's too early in the season. But within a month, it should look fuller, and bloomier.  And I hope to be finished with my revision, and preparing to send it to an editor. 

What about you? Does spring affect your writing output?




The awesome co-hosts for the May 2 posting are:

Hosted by: Insecure Writer's Support Group

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time - and return comments. This group is all about connecting! Be sure to link to this page and display the badge in your post. And please be sure your avatar links back to your blog! If it links to Google+, be sure your blog is listed there. Otherwise, when you leave a comment, people can't find you to comment back.

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!

Our Twitter handle is @TheIWSG and hashtag is #IWSG

Every month, we announce a question that members can answer in their IWSG post. These questions may prompt you to share advice, insight, a personal experience or story. Include your answer to the question in your IWSG post or let it inspire your post if you are struggling with something to say.

Remember, the question is optional!

12 comments:

  1. Your garden is going to be amazing! I'm not a great gardener, but the crocuses are finally up - hoping for tulips and daffodils soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring flowers are such a balm to the spirit. Enjoy them, and when summer comes, enjoy the summer flowers as well. Thanks for stopping by, Jemi.

      Delete
  2. Giving up social media to revise is smart. Prioritizing is important. Good for you! I love how spacious your garden is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in a place where giving up social media is easy, as I don't have much of a following, anyway. If I were published, as you are, I suspect things would be different. The "perks" of being unpublished.

      Delete
  3. I hope you'll post another picture when this garden is in full bloom. =) I keep telling myself that once the kids are out of the house I'll have more time, but you remind me that chances are I'll be roped into babysitting grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa. Well, I keep thinking that in 10 years, even the grandkids will be fairly grown up, and I'll have more time to write. But who really knows what 10 years will bring. We need to steal as much time for writing each day as we can.

      Delete
  4. Lovely picture! I'm going to be working on a fairy garden for my new house. *excited*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, yes. Fairy gardens are so cute. Have fun.

      Delete
  5. Your garden is pretty and from the looks of your pictures, you live in a beautiful place! I've been revising some writing this past month, too, so understand how it is to have to spread available time around. Nice catching up with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden looks great to me (but I'm a terrible gardener. Everything dies).

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a wonderful garden how I envy you.
    A great post to read and awesome pics.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your garden set-up! I'm like you when I'm feeling overwhelmed with to-do lists and general busyness; social media and blogging are the first things I cut back on.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...