Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Top Ten Tuesday
Hosted by: The Artsy Reader Girl
Top Ten Tuesday is a long-running weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish which, just this week, has been taken over by Jana at Artsy Reader Girl.
Participants are numerous and I am excited to get to know some fellow book bloggers.
The question for today is: What are you hoping to accomplish in your bookish life this year?
1. I hope to get back into blogging on a regular schedule. Some tragic family circumstances, one of which is over and the other of which will be with me forever, have resulted in a general lack of direction in my personal life over the past nearly three years. This is the year to get back on track with my reading and writing goals.
2. I hope to get my NetGalley reading stats to near 100%. There's 15-20 books to read and review before that's a reality. But if I want more books from NetGalley, and I do, I need to read those books. Thankfully, nearly all still sound exciting.
3. I hope to read and review one Christian nonfiction book each week. This should be an easy goal, except in that I love reading Christian nonfiction so much, it's often difficult to turn my attention to fiction.
4. I hope to read and review one or two other books each week. Reading one young adult romance and one book of adult inspirational romance/fiction is my plan.
5. So that's about 150 books, which is a lot of reading for me. I've set the bar high, but it's always better to challenge yourself, I believe.
6. Of all of those wonderful, 100+ fiction reads, most have been on my TBR pile for up to five years. I still long to read them. So this year, that's exactly what I hope to do.
7. I also hope to contribute to, and comment on, plenty of book discussion posts, for the sake of hope #8, below:
8. I hope to get to know many other book bloggers, making new friends in the book blogosphere.
9. On Sundays, I hope to post a quote with an inspirational image. The image will also be posted on my Instagram account.
10. I hope to work some on my writing. I'm revising a YA romance that's been sitting in a bottom drawer (so to speak) for the past five years.
Those are my bookish goals for the year. What are yours?