Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Crazy Squash

One thing’s been amusing me all summer long. It’s my insane delicata squash (sweet potato squash) vine.
Sources I read said it could grow to be 6×9′, so I gave it that much space. It quickly outgrew it, stretching in all directions. When it started to overtake my flowers, I pulled out a huge stack of hollow vines.
Recently, I decided to let it have its way, including allowing it to smother the flowers, just to see how far it will spread. I think it’s about done.
It’s about 12×32′. It produced numerous squash, which aren’t quite ripe yet. I hope they’ll ripen before first frost, which could happen anytime now. I discovered delicata squash for the first time last summer.
If you haven’t tried it, it’s readily available in grocery stores and it is delicious.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...