Corresponds to Enneagram Style 1, Intimate Subtype
Ten Things about You
1. You are preoccupied with your romantic partner or a select group of others, who you spend your life trying to fix or perfect, and who you might drive away with your endless criticism
2. You come by it naturally. As a child, you often heard from your parents, “If I didn't love you, I wouldn't correct you. I tell you what is wrong because I love you." For you, criticism is an act of love.
3. You feel that no one should violate your right to pleasure, because you’ve earned it.
4. At your worst, you get totally possessive and intolerant, flaming up in righteous rage
5. But most of the time you keep your highly emotionally charged self under strict self-control, with clear rules and standards for correct behavior
6. Jealousy toward your partner is common, but may also be shown toward others who seem to be able to express themselves more freely
7. You have a habit of looking at reality in the light of something better and then railing against how reality doesn’t measure up
8. You criticize yourself first, and then your partner.
9. You do not want to be loved for your charm or beauty, but rather for the good works you do, and your moral fiber. Love is not to be given for charm without effort.
10. You are polarized against your own passion and sensuality, because these things can easily lead to sin, which threatens the moral order.