Corresponds to Enneagram Style 9, Self-Preservation Subtype
Ten Things about You
1. You are uncommonly sweet and would never offend anyone
2. Instead of being up to the challenge of personal or spiritual growth, and figuring out solutions to your issues, you narcotize yourself with food, drugs or alcohol, TV, reading, collecting things and hobbies
3. Your energy, instead of flowing out, flows in, into comforting routines that ease your anxiety and your deep inner anger (numb you), and substitute for your true needs, even your need for love.
4. Or maybe you’re not a couch potato. Maybe you work very hard, but never at the most important task in life, which becoming fully self-aware and fully self-expressed
5. Focus is difficult for you; you get distracted easily, and then one thing leads to another, and another, and before you know it, you’ve forgotten what you were doing at the start.
6. Because you do not know who you are, you go with the flow and identify a little bit with everyone
7. Because you can see and understand everyone’s point of view (except your own, because you don’t have one), you are an excellent mediator
8. In your growing up years, conflict raged. Not knowing how to handle it, you learned to be inconspicuous and look friendly to both sides. You learned to delete yourself and your opinion. Your agenda is to get along and never rock the boat
9. You might join a group, but you seldom become the leader. You like to arrive late and stay on the margins.
10. When or if you ever do decide to take a stand for yourself, you are unstoppable. Because you are so deeply grounded, with deep, deep wells of untapped energy, you can be the most powerful type of personality of all.