5/11/2014

Happy Mother's Day

"Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you." (Exodus 20:12, NIV)

The photo is by Peruvian artist Albert Lynch.

My mother's funeral was two years ago today, although I lost her to Alzheimer's more like 18 years ago. When I think about her, I still miss her and probably always will.
I hope I have honored her with my life. 

If we raise our children right, they will honor us. That was my hope when I was raising my children, and they have honored me. They've had trials, for sure, as all people do, and will continue to. 

But they are good, God-loving, hard-working and honest people. I'm proud of them and how well they're dealing with their lives and struggles. 

I'm also lucky enough to have all three children living nearby! The men of the family had planned to take us ladies down to the river for a picnic today, but my daughter (with three children) protested, saying there would be nothing relaxing about that! Not when us gals would have to prepare the picnic and look after the young children as they played in the water. 

My daughter-in-law and I decided to let MaryAnn decide what a relaxing Mother's Day would be. The three of us (my younger daughter is working) are going to see Heaven is Real, and then the whole family--husbands, kids/grandkids will meet up to eat at a local restaurant for dinner. 


As to my weekly update--I still haven't migrated this blog to my new website. I'm ready for it. There are things on the website that are waiting for the imported posts, so I can link to them. But after seeing too many occurrences of what WordPress calls "the white screen of death," and after reading five tutorials about a DIY migration, I've decided to hire it out. I don't want to mess with my WordPress HTML or my Blogger HTML, which will be necessary for the redirect. 

The white screen of death occurs when you're trying to load a plugin that doesn't jive with your WordPress theme, and also for other reasons. I've seen it a half-dozen times in the past three weeks. Fortunately, I've never been locked out of my site and needed to use FTP to get back into it. (That would be yet one more headache.)

When the migration occurs, you should be automatically redirected into the new site. There should be no need to resubscribe, as far as I understand. It should be seamless.  

So that's where I'm at. How was your week? What are you doing for Mother's Day? 





3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time with family and
    Happy Mother's Day!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother's Day at the movies sounds like a great idea :-) though I'm sure you had many thoughts of your mom during the day. But to be able to celebrate the day with your kids and families so close--what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice Mother's Day post. You share my sentiments about raising our children right! Although mine live far away, they still check in and let us know they care. No, it's not my perfect world, but I'm thankful too they are 'good' people and include us in their lives.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. It means a lot to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...