3/08/2012

Signs of Spring: The Wall Rainbow

There are still patches of snow on the ground where I live. When I brushed my teeth this morning, I noticed the sun shining in our east-facing bathroom window, which made me wonder if I should go out and jog before work. Then I saw the temperature was still only 32 degrees. The greater desire to stay warm lured me to my computer instead. (I know: excuses, excuses.)

Later, as I was running out the door to work, I saw another delightful sign of spring: The wall rainbow. Where we live, the sun officially shines only 3 days in 10 in the winter. That number is beginning to increase.

A crystal hangs in a window in my husband's office, capturing morning sunlight, hence the wall rainbow. The crystal is actually 35'  from the place where it makes a rainbow on the wall in the hallway. His office is dazzling with rainbows made by the crystal. His office is also too messy to be photographed!

It's always delightful to glimpse the rainbow. And to know that longer days, sunshine and warmer weather really are on their way. Another month, two for sure, and we'll be into sweater-wearing weather.

And choosing jogging instead of hanging out in front of my computer before work.

5 comments:

  1. What a delight this must be!
    Rainbows bring such happiness.
    Hope you get to see more!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty picture, and warm reminder of beauty in every day--even if we do choose to stay in :-) Here's to longer--sunnier--days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo...I love the new blog format! Very, very pretty, as is the wall rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring came a little early around here. It's been in the 70's and we are having thunderstorms today. I love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. It means a lot to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...