11/23/2011

Sending it Out

I had to snap this picture. It's a counter top in my kitchen, lunch bag, purse at the ready to head off to work. (Tea kettle and toaster oven accidentally getting into the mix. ;) ) On top of that white mess is reading material for my lunch hour. I like to sit in my car at the local mall and eat my sack lunch and sip McDonald's coffee. Oh, the reading material is Eric Maisel's Fearless Creating. I read this one several years ago. It was good enough that I want to take a second look at it, however I won't be reading it cover-to-cover.

The point of the picture is, however, the white mess that Maisel's book is sitting on top of. It's actually my  manuscript, 720-printed (total) pages of material in three submissions. I'll be sending them to editors I made contact with at various conferences. I'm also doing two electronic submissions. It's a start. When responses come back, I'll take the next step.

Two of the submissions had a November 30 deadline. The internal editor in me wanted to foil me. Wanted me to miss the deadline. Wanted me to think it still wasn't good enough to send out. I overcame the slave-driving internal editor! It was time to let go of the project, for now.

Interestingly, as I was formatting cover letters last night, I saw that it's been four years almost to the day since I sent out the manuscript I wrote before this one. The main character of this novel had been a secondary character in the other.

All of you who are sending out manuscripts, I wish you the best of luck!




2 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL, Cathy!!! I'm so proud of you for sending this story out! Way to overcome that stinkin' internal editor. Mean, mean internal editor! You are an inspiration. I wish you the very best and can't wait to hear about the responses you receive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    melinda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. It means a lot to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...