11/23/2010

Thanksgiving Cooking: Chocolate Pecan Pie

So, I know I said I was staying away from my blog until January 1, 2011. Do you know how hard it is, after your blog has been a part of you for over a year, and you've made blogging friends, and suddenly it's all gone?

I wanted to post last week about the National Book Award winner for children's literature. I wanted to post about School Library Journal's Top Young Adult Novels for 2010. But that was okay if I didn't post about it. No crisis.

Not today! Crisis! Today, I've been searching high and low for that FABULOUS recipe for Chocolate Pecan Pie, which I made last summer, and which will be one of the pies I make for Thanksgiving.

But do you think I could find the recipe? No way. Even after all those weeks of de-cluttering my house. Well. All of my cookbooks are indeed on one bookshelf. But which cookbook did I take the recipe from?

Aha! I remembered I'd made a blog post about it, back on July 26, but never got around to posting it. And yes, here it is. I'll post my post, and have access to my own recipe. Plus ... you will too! It is soooooo good.   

It's from the cookbook above, A Taste of Autumn. And look, I even took a picture of it. The wall behind the pie looks different now. There's a clock on it, plus I've already decorated for Christmas. The pub table now has a bunch of Christmas decorations on it. I'm so excited for the holidays ...

8 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
2 T butter
9" pie crust
3 eggs beaten
1/4 c brown sugar
1 c corn syrup
1 t. vanilla
1-1/2 c pecan halves

Coarsely chop 4 squares of chocolate and set aside. In a large bowl, microwave the remaining chocolate and butter until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Brush bottom of pie crust with a small amount of beaten egg; set aside. Stir sugar, corn syrup, eggs and vanilla into chocolate mixture; blend. Add nuts and chopped chocolate. Pour into crust and bake at 350 fegrees for 55 minutes or until knife inserted 2" from edge of crust comes out clean. Enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. I'm not in charge of dessert this year, or else I would be making this pie! It sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pecan pie is one of those amazing things that I dearly love. It is relegated to Thanksgiving because it's so very bad for you. :) This recipe sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummy!

    It's sooo good to see you.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! I have had to go to my previous blog posts to find valuable information too :)

    I just love Gooseberry Patch cookbooks. Hmmm....I think I need to take them off the shelf and peruse them for some holiday treat ideas.

    I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration, Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. It means a lot to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...