9/06/2010

We've Only Just Begun ...


Hubbie and I are celebrating our 36th wedding anniversary today.

After the ceremony in my parents' church, our small cadre of guests went to the Elks lodge for a seafood buffet. An antique fire truck sat outside the lodge. Hubbie thought it'd be cool to have our picture taken.

At our 25th anniversary, the family took us to a local Mexican restaurant for dinner. When we were leaving, a man at another table put a hand on my husband's shoulder. He said into his ear, "The next 25 years are a lot easier ..."

We're finding that to be true. Being married gets easier.

5 comments:

  1. That is a great picture! And I love the idea that the second half is easier. Not that our 18 years have been hard, but with careers, kids, etc. it can sometimes feel like a slog. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title of this post brings back a flood of memories!

    The picture is beautiful and I recognize you in an instant! WOW - you do not look 36 years older.

    Glad to hear that the next 25 years is easier. We just celebrated our 28th anniversary in June and while I would say it is a bit easier - it is still no bed of roses :)

    Congratulations on the anniversary - and blogiversary. Such a milestone week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband.
    Like the others glad to know that it gets easier.
    We'll celebrate 11 this year and it's been great but their have been those bumps in the road.
    Congratulations.


    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling photo! You guys were/are stunning.

    Congratulations on your anniversary! We just celebrated our 38th.

    My aunt told me that it would just keep getting better and better, and she was right.

    I do want to let you know that "We've Only Just Begun" is now stuck in my head for the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary. That photo is precious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. It means a lot to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...