1/04/2010

Today I Will by Jerry and Eileen Spinelli

Today I Will

Jerry and Eileen Spinelli
Knopf
Nonfiction
October 2009
Grades 5-8

I love quotes, and this book, written for children and young adults, inspires and amuses with a quote for each day of the year. Taken from children’s literature, the quotes are especially apt for youth. Following each is some advice from the authors, and an affirmation. They cover familiar issues such as staying in touch with grandparents, and finding other ways to occupy oneself besides TV. Perhaps some of the quotes will resonate so much with young readers that they’ll want to go on and read the book it was taken from. Though I bought this for the library, it’s not a particularly good library book, except in that readers who enjoy it might want to purchase their own copy, to read every day of the year.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like something my kids need. I'm wondering if my daughter would listen to the book, since she doesn't really like listening to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. It means a lot to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...