Ink Spells sent me one, so now I know--Fun!
Sort of ...
It comes with rules:
1) Copy the pretty picture and post it on your blog. Easy!
2) Thank the person that gave it to you and link to their blog. Done!
3) Write 7 things about yourself we don't know. Oh, crum. What do I say? This is going to stress me out. Should I try to be funny? (Can I be funny?) Should I let people know other areas of my expertise, so that, if readers are interested, I might steer my blog in those directions as well? I'm an expert in the Enneagram, so there. What if what I say about myself is boring? Eew. Cardinal sin. Do not be boring. (Or am I just boring, anyway?)
4) Choose 7 other bloggers to pass the award to. Ditto to stressing me out. Should I highlight my friends? Should I reach out to someone whose blog I subscribe to, but have yet to make contact with? I currently subscribe to 119 blogs. I want to meet all of those people, but it takes time, you know? Lots of time!
5) Link to those 7 other bloggers. Okay. I'm going with my friends, because I get so much from them, and they deserve to be honored.
6) Notify your 7 bloggers. Will do.
Seven things you (probably) don't know about me:
Inspired as a kid by Eleanor Estes's The Hundred Dresses, I then went on to make a paper doll with 167 outfits. (Yeah, it took me a while.) That was one honky envelope full of paper doll clothes!
I started writing stories when I was 11. I wrote only one story throughout my teen years, which went on and on ... because I didn't know how to end it. I suppose that's why I became an (unpublished) novelist (as opposed to poet or short story writer) as an adult. But, thankfully, I DO know how to end my novels.
On a related note, I drive by intuition. Which means I seldom consult a map, and never get where I'm going directly. But I always DO get there, and I sure enjoy visiting all the little side roads, and learning all the cool things about the surrounding area. Except when I'm on a deadline. Then I'm cursing myself for not paying attention to the map.
And why do I behave this way? Because I'm an ENNEAGRAM NINE, with a very strong ONE wing. The Enneagram is a truly brilliant map of the human mind, of our defense systems. It was created many years ago by Gurdjieff and expanded upon in recent time by other brilliant psychologists, including Jung. It tells us how it happened that the five-year-old child within us is running our lives, and how we might learn to work around our childhood wounds if we ever hope to break free of our past.
I'm a descendant of John Cary, the Plymouth Pilgrim. I own a book that traces my ancestors all the way back to him. I wonder how many millions of Americans are his direct descendants? That would be interesting to research ... if I was into genealogy, and I am not.
My favorite movie for many years was Moonstruck. I doubt I'd like it as much anymore. Movies get dated, and I've certainly changed. But wasn't it romantic?
Mountains or Ocean: Ocean
Second favorite book: At Weddings and Wakes by Alice McDermott.
Third favorite book(s): Everything written by Elizabeth Berg ...
Tomorrow, I'll be featuring my friends' blogs. That will be so much fun. Great ladies, all!