9/12/2009

10 Great Picture Books for Grandparents' Day


Grandparents' Day is Sunday, September 13.

Unfortunately, The Truly Terribly Horrible Sweater ... That Grandma Knit, by Debbie Macomber and published by Katherine Tegen books, won't be out until October 1, 2009. I haven't seen it, but when it's Debbie Macomber, how can you go wrong? The minute I lay my hands on it, I will report back.

I have read the following books many times to children in my storytimes. All are wonderful, with grandparents as characters.

*What Grandmas Do Best; What Grandpas Do Best--both by Laura Numeroff
*Yoko's Paper Cranes by Rosemary Wells
*Grandfather's Journey by Allen Say
*In the Rain with Baby Duck by Amy Hest
*Mailing May by Michael Tunnell
*My Hippie Grandmother by Reeve Lindbergh
*Abuela by Arthur Dorros
*Bunny Cakes by Rosemary Wells
*The Napping House by Don and Audrey Wood
*Thunder Cake by Patricia Polacco

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Another fun one for grandparents/about grandparents is WHAT! CRIED GRANNY, by Kate Lum, illustrated by Adrian Johnson. My three-year-old's "granny" sent it to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to read that one. Thanks for the heads' up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. It means a lot to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...